Have you ever lost sight of your own goals? Lost your way down the path you’ve set yourself on? Were unsure of your next step?
Well it’s time to reevaluate my choices because I had a mini epiphany this week. I was sitting down to BuJo (more on this in another post) and write out my calendar for August – and was thinking about what’s on my plate right now. How has most of the summer gone by and I feel as though I haven’t accomplished much of anything. All I really have is work, the gym and my personal goals. Work is occupying my brain power during the day since it’s our busy season, and fitness goals could take up a little more of my time, but other than that I’m netflixing and not being so productive for myself.
So I’m changing my perspective. I originally started this blog to share my thoughts with others and write for other people. Now I’m realizing I was wrong or at least doing this for the wrong reasons. I should’ve been writing for myself and about what I love. Yes, I’ve enjoyed branding, design, interior decor and a number of personal hobbies, but now I’m writing from a different perspective. And honestly, it’s always helped me to understand things better by talking (or writing) things out.
I follow a number of fitness bloggers and a few of them have started their own personal blogs lately. It’s inspired me to jumpstart this one again. And use it to hold myself accountable for my own goals through the end of the year. At which point I’ll look at everything again and setup the ever-clichéd new year resolutions. I’m hoping by putting them out here in writing for the time being, it’ll help me be more self-disciplined. So here they are:
- Take my fitness goals seriously and stick to a schedule. Yes, life happens, and things get thrown out of whack, but that doesn’t mean you need to get thrown out of sorts too. One bad day does not make for a bad week. And this could turn into new opportunities if I put my mind to it. Bottom line, get real with BBG and maybe even start creating your own workouts. Three months of dedication and then reevaluate this one.
- Decide on my next educational steps. I’ve always struggled through college courses and finding my niche. It’s not that the work is too hard or that I’m not interested in the topics. I just get bored with them too easily and find other things to occupy my time. Am I going to finish and get it over with, taking more time away from work? Slow and steady to finish this degree, or only a class or two at a time? You’ve got less than one month to figure this one out.
- Stick to this blogging thing and see where it takes me. I dabble in many things because I have many strong suits (humility is apparently not one of them), which leads me struggling to keep doing one thing for too long. I simply get bored and can’t always delegate it to someone else so it falls to the wayside. These are my own thoughts though and I plan on writing for myself, so I need to keep with it even if that means a few posts a week in between (or during) my next Netflix binge.
- Take control of my savings, spending, and money habits. I need to reign in the reckless impulse buys (i.e. bags and shoes I don’t really need), Starbucks snobbery, school debt, credit card undertaking and take a serious look at my finances. Bottom line is I know what I should be doing, I just haven’t been doing it and get distracted easily by shiny objects!
- Allocate time for healthier cooking and meal-prepping. I eat fairly healthy a lot of the time, but I could be better. There’s always room for improvement! I was doing much better with this when I had less time with school and work. And I was spending a lot less on excess items then as well. I already knew this, but apparently I need to remind myself that I do better when I’m busier.
- Focus on what I need, rather than what other people need. This may seem like a kick in the ass, or a little harsh to friends and family, but it’s just what I need. Sometimes that’s all it takes to get you going again – some TLC for yourself. And who else is going to do that other than me.
I think that’s enough goals for now. Time to get to it and update as necessary. If you plan on following along, please leave me your comments and thoughts on the journey ahead!
Love ya, hugs // ❤